Friday, March 6, 2009

The Zabbit

Last week I attended a "Family" event at Monte Vista Elementary School featuring author Jim Walkow. Mr. Walkow is the author of The Zabbit, a children's book about a rabbit named Abbit and how he believes in himself and escapes a hunter by turning into a Zabbit. The evening was lots of fun and many parents and children were in attendance. Mr. Walkow also performed sing-along songs for the crowd and everyone participated. The Zabbit has a great message about instilling in children and in everyone, to believe in themselves and reach for the stars. It was all very inspiring and I was moved to march onwards to achieve my dreams as I'm sure many in the audience felt the same. Thank you to Monte Vista School and Principal Soto-Magat for orchestrating a worthwhile event for the families and students in the community. I'm going to buy a copy of The Zabbit and recommend it to others. Go read the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment