Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crystal's Path to Success

On Friday, May 8, 2009 South El Monte High School held it's 1st Annual Environmental Awareness Career/College Day. It was such a great success. Assemblymember Mike Eng (49th A.D.) was there to pump up the students along with El Monte Councilman J Gomez and South El Monte Councilman Louie Aguinaga. More about this event later....(I don't have the program with me at the moment).

Anyway, the following is what I shared with the students:

Crystal's Path to Sucess

1. Believe in yourself.
When you believe, you can achieve....that's what is painted in the Kranz Intermediate Cafeteria. You need to believe in yourself and execute a plan of action to become successful. Believe in yourself and others will believe in you too.

2. Set Goals.
Set realistic, measurable and accountable goals for youreself. Write them down. Tell other about them. Always keep goals in you mind as you are trying to accomplish them.

3. Be prepared.
You never have a second chance to make a first impression. So you need to prepared for what kind of life you want. If you want to be the next Tiger Woods, you need to start preparing now for a life of golf and start grooming yourself now....the competition is fierce!

4. Get information.
We live in an information age. Get information. Create information. Use information.

5. Take care of your body.
Like I told the students of Friday, you only have one body in this lifetime so take care of it! There is no monetary value we place on your body because its irreplaceable. Drink lots of water. Stay about from fatty and sugar-saturated foods. Exercise regularly. Smile! and control your stress levels.

6. Think of others.
Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

7. Impact the world.
We live in a global economy and things move along fast because we live in an information age. Don't limit yourself to our national borders but think with a global perspective...it's the future, baby! One day, I hope to elevate the Crystal C. Chavez Foundation to help struggling students in Mexico and central America and beyond.

8. Pray.
I know that my faith in God has helped me be the person I am today and I pray for guidance and direction in life incessantly.


I know that each and every student can be successful and reach his or her American Dream by getting on the path to college and utilizing the skills to for a successful life. I just shared with you above is what I did and still use and hope to light your path to a sucessfu life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment